Saturday, March 20, 2010

A thank-you card for a Hospital stay...




My girlfriend had just been it the hospital unexpectedly- she had a small cut on her thumb and while she was bowling she noticed it was really hurting and swelling and there was a line going up her arm. Long story short- she had a very bad infection and it could have really gotten life threatening! She's still recovering now...but it is taking some time..She asked me to make her a card for the staff at the hospital. This is what I came up with . "Riley" is ALWAYS good to have around! DP is Nook and Pantry by BG and I colored Riley with copics. His blanket and pillow are paper pieced. The nurse's names are printed on white glossy cs to kinda look like the board in the hosp rooms that the on duty nurses sign in on- and the inside sentiment I saw somewhere...wish I knew where now- not exactly the same cuz I couldnt remember the whole thing. TFL! Happy Saturday! We have some GORGEOUS WEATHER here in Ohio- Hope you do too! :)

12 comments:

Cindy H. said...

What a great way to say Thank You to those dedicated nurses and doctors! Absolutely adorable card and I love your coloring!! tfs

RosesMarijke said...

Very gorgeous Thank you Card!!

Mona Pendleton said...

I hope your friend has a speedy recovery! I am a RN & people don't realize a lil' infection can become life threatening! YIKES Beautiful card - I am sure it will perk your friend up :)

Anonymous said...

super cute Jane! love all the details you add! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous what a great idea for a layout.

Becky said...

What a wonderful card.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gina Lindsay said...

This is so cute! I always love Riley. I hope your friend is feeling better!

Robin said...

Hi Jane! What a cute card this is. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

Take Care - Robin

Curt in Indy said...

Wow, what an infection that must be. I hope she is better soon. You did a beautiful card for her to proudly give to the staff. I love the paper piecing you did on this, and I love your version of the sentiment! Great job! Best, Curt

Lissa said...

Beautiful card... Yeah, Riley is a great moose to have around... ;) Glad your friend is okay. I'm sure the staff at the hospital will LOVE this card...

Shirley said...

Thank goodness she caught the infection. What a great card for the staff too!